Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nexuiz & Xonotic Minsta International Friendly Clan *powered for [NK] by od@r,logo by AnalHorror [NK]* - [NK] is brother clan with Player Killer *tag: [PK]*

HomePortál*Latest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to our [NK] clan forum! -> our motto: IT IS NOT IMPORTANT TO WIN BUT TO PARTICIPATE! ... Be fair as a human and player , Help other players , Help nexuiz & xonotic and minsta community , Respect other players , Be active in the game and forum , Be with us as a friend and as a great family , Rejoice with us! type=text/css>body

Knock Knock

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
curson [NK]
Clan Member
Clan Member
curson [NK]

Počet príspevkov : 254

Knock Knock Empty
PostSubject: Knock Knock   Knock Knock EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 9:14 am

Who is still out there?

Hope you guys are fine!

I'm having a very busy month, and I will be on holiday in Normandie (France) from the 14th to the 24th, but lately I haven't been playing much anyway due to constant Packet Loss and high ping. My ISP will hear for me as I'm back from holiday, but the situation at the moment makes it almost impossible to play having fun, always with 8~10 PL and ping going from a good 60 to 180 without reasons in the middle of the match... so yeah, curson is a sad panda.

Just wanted to let you all know why I haven't been showing my face around as before, really, and wave all NK for a good week-end! sunny

Back to top Go down
http://www.the-shrike.net
M@R4 [NK]
Clan Member
Clan Member
M@R4 [NK]

Počet príspevkov : 857

Knock Knock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knock Knock   Knock Knock EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 3:30 pm

Hiho Curson

I hope that your connection will soon be better Very Happy Enjoy your holiday :smoker:
See you soon on servers Very Happy :guner:
cheeers*** drinking
Back to top Go down
AnalHorror [NK]
Server Admin
Server Admin
AnalHorror [NK]

Počet príspevkov : 475

Knock Knock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knock Knock   Knock Knock EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 10:05 pm

I'm still there Very Happy But not so often like on example a year ago.

Enjoy your holiday, mate drinking. I hope your connection get better when you'll return. I also have some bizarre connection problems and I know how it could spoil the fun of playing. Most of the time I comment it as "fuckin lags" Smile but in matter of fact I dunno what it is - when I observe my connection everything seems to be fine but it isn't. Sometimes I spawn on a floor level without possibility of shooting, sometimes I hit fire without reaction and most of the time I see and "feel" like I had packet losses.
Back to top Go down
curson [NK]
Clan Member
Clan Member
curson [NK]

Počet príspevkov : 254

Knock Knock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knock Knock   Knock Knock EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 9:37 am

Yeah Packet Loss it's a pain... unfortunately, lately for me it seems to be the norm, and I spike from a normal ping to 200ms + PL without any apparent reason. Unfortunately, as a problem with my ISP, it isn't unheard off in some part of London, and no real solution seems to be possible even when you're able to get tech customer service to listen to you. As always, the real problem is that they over-sell without upgrading the infrastructure, and it might just be that XX more customers have been connected to my local whatever-central-thingie-that-does-network-magic for Virgin Media where I live, thus screwing my latency around.

Anyway, first getting drunk on French red wine for 12 days, and when back I'll bother them trying to find a solution Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-shrike.net
organic
Visitor
Visitor
organic

Počet príspevkov : 29

Knock Knock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knock Knock   Knock Knock EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 11:52 pm

Yep +1 on that. I had the same trouble with VM. In a lot of areas utilisation is passing 90%

I think they inherited infrastructure that was not fully maintained by NTL just before they went under, and now Virgin are selling like wildfire to try to raise the cash to replace or upgrade it. If you look around on the VM forum you will see the same complaints come up again and again. On the positive side, for some people it is much worse, has been that way for some time and shows no sign of improvement anytime soon :/

I logged all the info I could find and complained in some detail with proof to back it up. it took 6 - 8 weeks and three engineer visits but it got improved - definitely hasn't been fixed but it is much better. I was speedtesting at times as low 0.08Mb on a 10Mb connection - now I have 10.4Mb and it was never that fast before; 9.8Mb at most. Very Happy

If you have time check the log when it is bad, particularly the Downstream signal to noise ratio. If you can find something - anything - outside the operational norms, they have to investigate it.

Is it worse at peak times? Say from 9am - 12; 6pm - 9pm; 11pm onwards?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Knock Knock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knock Knock   Knock Knock Empty

Back to top Go down

Knock Knock
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Information Stuff :: Forum & Clan Information-
Jump to: