Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nexuiz & Xonotic Minsta International Friendly Clan *powered for [NK] by od@r,logo by AnalHorror [NK]* - [NK] is brother clan with Player Killer *tag: [PK]*

HomePortál*Latest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to our [NK] clan forum! -> our motto: IT IS NOT IMPORTANT TO WIN BUT TO PARTICIPATE! ... Be fair as a human and player , Help other players , Help nexuiz & xonotic and minsta community , Respect other players , Be active in the game and forum , Be with us as a friend and as a great family , Rejoice with us! type=text/css>body

NK Servers unavailability

Go down 
+3
Nesquick
M@R4 [NK]
AnalHorror [NK]
7 posters
AuthorMessage
AnalHorror [NK]
Server Admin
Server Admin
AnalHorror [NK]

Počet príspevkov : 475

NK Servers unavailability Empty
PostSubject: NK Servers unavailability   NK Servers unavailability EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 12:48 pm

I have some bad news for those of us who still sometimes use our servers. My hosting company decided to definitly close service on which is based my server. Of course I can buy another server and host NK Nexuiz servers there. But there is one problem - I haven't noticed any information about service closing till now. I was recieving dozens of remainders from my hosting company, most of then about how many time left before my service needs to be paid again. I remembered when I have to pay so I ignored most of these remainders and don't even open it. So that's why I also missed info about service closing. Sorry guys, my mistake...

Today I noticed the info but it is already to late. Service was closed at 11.00 am, server become unaviable and all data I had on server has been lost. And this is serious problem. I have at home all server configs but it's not everything. Server was compiled from source and patched with spawnfrag protection obtained from PK server admin (Iron) and applied with help of step by step Iron's instructions.

I'm pretty sure I don't have working copy of patched Nexuiz server at home. Probably I have Iron's patch somewhere but I'm also not sure about it. I dunno if there is still some Nexuiz source available to download directly on server and I'm not sure if I'm capable of compiling and patching server without instructions I was given some years ago. So it could be the end of NK Nexuiz servers and if not it could be a week before servers will be available again.
Back to top Go down
M@R4 [NK]
Clan Member
Clan Member
M@R4 [NK]

Počet príspevkov : 857

PostSubject: Re: NK Servers unavailability   NK Servers unavailability EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 5:40 pm

I'll try to ask someone for help.
They will probably need some contact to you. Can i provide your email adress?
Back to top Go down
AnalHorror [NK]
Server Admin
Server Admin
AnalHorror [NK]

PostSubject: Re: NK Servers unavailability   NK Servers unavailability EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 5:56 pm

Thx Marek. Yes of course you can provide my email. But don't bother anyone yet. I was writing post when I was at job. I need to check at home what I really have. And also I'll buy new server. Then I'll inform if I need some help or not.
Back to top Go down
M@R4 [NK]
Clan Member
Clan Member
M@R4 [NK]

PostSubject: Re: NK Servers unavailability   NK Servers unavailability EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 6:33 pm

okay Martin, Good luck Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nesquick
Visitor
Visitor
Nesquick

Počet príspevkov : 392

PostSubject: Re: NK Servers unavailability   NK Servers unavailability EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 9:56 pm

I can contribute some money for server if wanted. 

Also, I have the config files you sent me Anal if they are needed.

Last thing, Iron/Phil is still reachable via pm on the PK forum... Talked with him from time to time the last years. Smile

Hope everything sorts itself out.
Back to top Go down
AnalHorror [NK]
Server Admin
Server Admin
AnalHorror [NK]

PostSubject: Re: NK Servers unavailability   NK Servers unavailability EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 12:17 pm

Is yesterday was Friday 13th? It seems bad luck walks with pairs. Yesterday I returned home nad tried to turn on my computer but it didn't recover properly from standby. Now after turning on it works 10-12 second for the first time, and 3-5 second on every next trial and automatically turn off. So first I need to reanimate my private PC. Server is second step.

Thanks Ness for the info and for money contribution proposal. First I wanted to say "I appreciate it but it is not necassary". But if my PC is broken and I need another credit for new one then I have no other choice except asking ppl for contribute if we still want to have NK servers.
Back to top Go down
Pir* [NK]
Clan Member
Clan Member
Pir* [NK]

Počet príspevkov : 377

PostSubject: Re: NK Servers unavailability   NK Servers unavailability EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 4:47 pm

Sorry to hear this. Looks like a heating problem. Is the processor fan OK?
Back to top Go down
AnalHorror [NK]
Server Admin
Server Admin
AnalHorror [NK]

PostSubject: Re: NK Servers unavailability   NK Servers unavailability EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 5:59 pm

Fan works fine. I consulted my problem with ppl from IT division and they said there are 3 possibilities - power supply failure, swollen capacitors on main board causing its electrical malfunction or (less likely) processor overheating. Overheating was also my first bet but if fan is ok it could happen only if radiator is very dirty and it should cause hangs in past. But I've noticed maybe 3-4 hangs for a year and the last one was at least couple months ago. I will investigate it today.
Back to top Go down
Kwakkie
Visitor
Visitor

Počet príspevkov : 1

PostSubject: Re: NK Servers unavailability   NK Servers unavailability EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 9:57 pm

Sounds like chain of badluck man!

I love the nk servers, so if there is anything I can contribute to bring them back in the form of money, please inform.....

cheers

Kwakkiezalf
Back to top Go down
Pir* [NK]
Clan Member
Clan Member
Pir* [NK]

Počet príspevkov : 377

PostSubject: Re: NK Servers unavailability   NK Servers unavailability EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 11:16 am

How is it going on Anal?

I hope you'll put it on soon. Currently many DM guys with their aim are on the Dead Cat ctf. Very painful for cappers' asses Smile
Back to top Go down
Rasputin
Visitor
Visitor
Rasputin

Počet príspevkov : 3

PostSubject: Re: NK Servers unavailability   NK Servers unavailability EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 12:13 pm

Hi Anal,

I could ask Iron if he has still his config/patch anywhere on his side.

Thanks for mantaining the server and giving homeless creatures like us a home.
Back to top Go down
AnalHorror [NK]
Server Admin
Server Admin
AnalHorror [NK]

PostSubject: Re: NK Servers unavailability   NK Servers unavailability EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 12:13 pm

How is going on? - Well, not very good but of course could be worse. First of all - I restored my PC. For how long I'm not sure coz I've found at least one swollen capacitor on my mainboard. But direct cause of PC malfunction was... cracked piece of plastic. There is a plastic frame screwed to a mainboard maintaining processor's radiator in place. You can order mainbord in 5 minutes and get it the same day whereever you want but not some plastic part of it - two days of searching...

I've also bought new server and found Phil's script and patch. But some things has changed. Script was very usefull staff to download sources of nexuiz, engines and all packets to build nexuiz from source. But it crashes trying to get first packet. Repositiories, available packets has changed. Also patch patches some lines but failes on other. But it seems I'm less noobish than last time. Yesterday I found and checkouted svn sources of nexuiz, darkplaces engine and qclibs, "updated" by Phil's script nexuiz revision 8770 to 8003 Very Happy  and patched. Only thing left - compile it, apply my configs and test if it works. I don't have time everyday but in 2-3 days I will let you know if I can restore server in these circumstances.
Back to top Go down
M@R4 [NK]
Clan Member
Clan Member
M@R4 [NK]

PostSubject: Re: NK Servers unavailability   NK Servers unavailability EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 10:04 pm

Thanks for your time Man. Good luck Wink 
Back to top Go down
blackandwhite [NK]
Clan Member
Clan Member
blackandwhite [NK]

Počet príspevkov : 50

PostSubject: Re: NK Servers unavailability   NK Servers unavailability EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 2:07 pm

First of all big thanks for hosting the servers with your own money all this time. I hope your computer is recovered and all is well Smile
Now, when you set up the server again set g_shoofromeye to 1, it is the most glorious feeling in the world to play with it. To think all this time I was annoyed by Nexuiz's stupid shot projection and this setting was there all along.
Back to top Go down
AnalHorror [NK]
Server Admin
Server Admin
AnalHorror [NK]

PostSubject: Re: NK Servers unavailability   NK Servers unavailability EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 11:06 am

Sorry guys for my long absence and lack of info about NK servers. For last 3 weeks I had no time to do anything with servers. Before I devote at least 2 times a couple of hours trying to restore servers but I failed. I have all neaded sources: qclib, darkplaces engine, and nexuiz itself. I managed to complie qclib and nexuiz but only thing I really need gives compilation error. With aid of darkplaces engine there are created 3 most important nexuiz files progs, csprogs, and menus. If there is needed any change in Nexuiz behaviour like on example spawnfrag protection these files should be compiled from source after applying modyfications. And copilation fails. I had one last idea - to manipulate svn revisions of darkplaces engine and nexuiz and try to compile diffrent versions. But I had busy last weeks and didn't find enough time.

For next two weeks I'm going on holiday. After that I'll try my last idea but there is little hope. If I fail I need help of programmer who manipulated nexuiz code before. I'm also programmer but web programmer - this is not my language and if I had 2 weeks of spare time I could try. But of course I don't have.
Back to top Go down
Rasputin
Visitor
Visitor
Rasputin

Počet príspevkov : 3

PostSubject: Re: NK Servers unavailability   NK Servers unavailability EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 9:32 pm

Hi Anal,

I have a decent knowledge of C (but no QuakeC) and already tinkered with darkplaces (writing silly extensions like automated-gg or sinus-colored text). Maybe I can help you?
Back to top Go down
Nesquick
Visitor
Visitor
Nesquick

Počet príspevkov : 392

PostSubject: Re: NK Servers unavailability   NK Servers unavailability EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 8:36 pm

Hi again people!

Some time ago, Anal sent me the configs, and I have now rented a UK server and with some tweeking, it now feels exactly like the old NK server.

You are all welcome to join and check it out. There are some cosmetic changes (you now see FOV, and Zoom as spectator, and country flags), but gameplay wise it feels the same (as far as I can tell).

Server is called Nude Dudes #3 :: [Minsta+Hook 1on1] and I hope you all can test it to see if I missed anything. Hope it's ok!

///Nesquick

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NK Servers unavailability   NK Servers unavailability Empty

Back to top Go down

NK Servers unavailability
Page 1 of 1