Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nexuiz & Xonotic Minsta International Friendly Clan *powered for [NK] by od@r,logo by AnalHorror [NK]* - [NK] is brother clan with Player Killer *tag: [PK]*

HomePortál*Latest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to our [NK] clan forum! -> our motto: IT IS NOT IMPORTANT TO WIN BUT TO PARTICIPATE! ... Be fair as a human and player , Help other players , Help nexuiz & xonotic and minsta community , Respect other players , Be active in the game and forum , Be with us as a friend and as a great family , Rejoice with us! type=text/css>body

your computer HW

Go down 
+13
Pir* [NK]
Pimp
Lucy [NK]
Nesquick
AnalHorror [NK]
bfg [NK]
Growl
APOPHIS [NK]
Redroom [NK]
cook!e [NK]
Stoichev
M@R4 [NK]
od@r
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
M@R4 [NK]
Clan Member
Clan Member
M@R4 [NK]

Počet príspevkov : 857

your computer HW - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: your computer HW   your computer HW - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 12:33 pm

Of course, we are happy Very Happy Very Happy cheers cheers lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
AnalHorror [NK]
Server Admin
Server Admin
AnalHorror [NK]

Počet príspevkov : 475

PostSubject: Re: your computer HW   your computer HW - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 3:52 pm

I'm glad to hear that Very Happy It's time to make some pretty asses.... less pretty Twisted Evil Wink
Back to top Go down
M@R4 [NK]
Clan Member
Clan Member
M@R4 [NK]

PostSubject: Re: your computer HW   your computer HW - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 4:30 pm

lol! lol! good comment pig pig Asses waiting cherry cherry
Back to top Go down
blacktail [NK]
Clan Member
Clan Member
blacktail [NK]

Počet príspevkov : 141

PostSubject: Re: your computer HW   your computer HW - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 8:14 pm

My compteur are less powerfull than yours ^^

I have
Mohterboard MSI K9N6PGM2-V
ATHLON X2 4400 @2.2Ghz
1.5 Go DDR2
ATI HD 4650 1Go
320go + 200Go SATA
& 120Go IDE

My OS : Archlinux
Back to top Go down
http://freenergyfr.net16.net/
Pir* [NK]
Clan Member
Clan Member
Pir* [NK]

Počet príspevkov : 377

PostSubject: Re: your computer HW   your computer HW - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 10:29 am

Guys,

I am getting a new mouse (for Christmas Wink )

I was :thinking: about Logitech G500.

What do you think?

What mice do you have?
Back to top Go down
M@R4 [NK]
Clan Member
Clan Member
M@R4 [NK]

PostSubject: Re: your computer HW   your computer HW - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 10:58 am

This mouse looks good Very Happy 5700dpi Shocked and + weights Very Happy
I do not know what mouse do you use now, but I think this is definitely better Very Happy
But you'll probably need a while to get used Laughing
I initially used the 400dpi optical mouse lol!, then I switched to Labtec laser 1600dpi... and now I use some time A4tech XL-730K X7 (3600dpi)

So I think that your Logitech G500 is a great option for you Cool I'm obviously no expert on these things Exclamation
See ya mate Cool
Back to top Go down
Pir* [NK]
Clan Member
Clan Member
Pir* [NK]

PostSubject: Re: your computer HW   your computer HW - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 11:10 am

Thanks mate.
Currently I use G5 but unfortunately it's cord is about to give up: some time ago I bent it under the chair. Sad
G500 is almost the same shape but it has much higher DPI and also i want to try macros....
Back to top Go down
curson [NK]
Clan Member
Clan Member
curson [NK]

Počet príspevkov : 254

PostSubject: Re: your computer HW   your computer HW - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 2:43 pm

I've a Razer Copperhead and I couldn't be happy. Not top of the choice as Razer goes, but I love it! ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-shrike.net
Lucy [NK]
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Lucy [NK]

Počet príspevkov : 616

PostSubject: Re: your computer HW   your computer HW - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 2:49 pm

Well I got now Gigabyte GM-M8000X GHOST ( 6000 dpi ) Smile

Greetz Lucy
Back to top Go down
Mo [NK]
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Mo [NK]

Počet príspevkov : 438

PostSubject: Re: your computer HW   your computer HW - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 2:56 pm

I use Logitech g9 with max 3200 dpi ,
but i only use 2000 :>

Im fine with this one , but i guess there are lots of way better ones Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nesquick
Visitor
Visitor
Nesquick

Počet príspevkov : 392

PostSubject: Re: your computer HW   your computer HW - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 4:33 pm

I have my trusty 5040 dpi Mionix Naos 5000 mouse.
It's my dearest possession on this world <3

If i could i would you know what, to you know what in you know where... Cool
Back to top Go down
Pir* [NK]
Clan Member
Clan Member
Pir* [NK]

PostSubject: Re: your computer HW   your computer HW - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 6:17 pm

Thanks guys,

I checked all the mice and they look great, especially Razer and Moinix.

I was :thinking: it might be nice to shoot NESQUICK with the same weapon. Very Happy

(I am still trying to comprehend the last sentence he wrote. Question )
Back to top Go down
Mo [NK]
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Mo [NK]

PostSubject: Re: your computer HW   your computer HW - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 6:22 pm

no idea Very Happy
Back to top Go down
curson [NK]
Clan Member
Clan Member
curson [NK]

PostSubject: Re: your computer HW   your computer HW - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 7:38 pm

I have an idea, and trust me: better you don't understand.

Remember, it's NES we're talking about Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AnalHorror [NK]
Server Admin
Server Admin
AnalHorror [NK]

PostSubject: Re: your computer HW   your computer HW - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 9:14 pm

Razer Orochi 4000DPI but my former mouse was G-laser A4 TECH 1000DPI (one of the cheapest mice available) and I'm not sure if changing mouse has improved my aim. I remember one thing - after changing I was a noob for at least 4 weeks....

So from my point of view - I thing 95% or even more is your skills. 5% or less depends of good or bad mouse u have.
Back to top Go down
M@R4 [NK]
Clan Member
Clan Member
M@R4 [NK]

PostSubject: Re: your computer HW   your computer HW - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 9:39 pm

I do not know Martin. For me personally replacement mice significantly helped.Of course I was a noob a few days and sometimes I'm still noob, but if I'm lucky, so my accuracy is much improved as with the old mouse...
But of course a lot depends on the skills and experience Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nesquick
Visitor
Visitor
Nesquick

PostSubject: Re: your computer HW   your computer HW - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 1:04 am

Go for the Mionix Pir! Very Happy
It would be an honor to be shot by you with it.

M@R4 [NK] wrote:
I do not know Martin. For me personally replacement mice significantly helped.Of course I was a noob a few days and sometimes I'm still noob, but if I'm lucky, so my accuracy is much improved as with the old mouse...
But of course a lot depends on the skills and experience Very Happy

I agree with this... After a few noobdays my aim feels more accurate and is still getting better. I really appreciate the ability to change your DPI with the buttons on my mouse... Not so much in Nexuiz altough i have tried it some. But in Photoshop... When painting pixels and it needs to be steady i just turn the dpi down to 200 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AnalHorror [NK]
Server Admin
Server Admin
AnalHorror [NK]

PostSubject: Re: your computer HW   your computer HW - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 4:34 pm

Probably u r right. In many sports equipment is quite important. But only professionals can appreciate professional equipment. And I'm probably just well trained noob who delude himself, think he is good coz he won couple times with best Nex players. But everybody can have worse day and they probably had...

Now I have professional equipment - mouse for professional players which cost 12 times more than my former one, professional mouse mat - Razer Goliathus Alpha Control but I think I can risk opinion that my aim was better with former mouse on "naked" desk. I'm sure if I travel back in time half a year and had a chance to play with myself I would win. But I would win coz now I focus much more on tactics and my prediction on ppl movements and where they are on the map is maybe even twice better. But my aim nearly for sure is worse. I'm not sure why but it is probably coz I've used cheapest mice for last 15 years. They were always the same - big, flat and so light like hollow. Coz of shape u control it by all hand coz nearly all hand has contact with mouse. I'm not sure if all pro mice are similiar but mine is what I call laptop mouse coz I was used to see similiar mice with laptops - it is much smaller but higher and heavy. Only tips of fingers has contact with it and u control it mostly by fingers (which is even emphasized by manufacturer and claimed to be better for player as more precise). And there is probably a problem - after 15 years my hand is precise but my finders, never used for precision control of mouse, are not and maybe it won't change even for couple years. As they say, habit is second human nature...

Back to top Go down
Nesquick
Visitor
Visitor
Nesquick

PostSubject: Re: your computer HW   your computer HW - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 4:49 pm

AnalHorror [NK] wrote:
But my aim nearly for sure is worse. I'm not sure why but it is probably coz I've used cheapest mice for last 15 years.

Yeah, it sounds like it would take a long while to get used to a new one after so much experience with the old yeah...

Quote :
As they say, habit is second human nature...

Good quote! Will save that one :>
Back to top Go down
M@R4 [NK]
Clan Member
Clan Member
M@R4 [NK]

PostSubject: Re: your computer HW   your computer HW - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 6:59 pm

Good analysis of the problem Martin Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pir* [NK]
Clan Member
Clan Member
Pir* [NK]

PostSubject: Re: your computer HW   your computer HW - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 11:28 am

AnalHorror [NK] wrote:
I remember one thing - after changing I was a noob for at least 4 weeks....

Precisely!

I borrowed G500 from a friend of mine. Yesterday I was hanging on DTG for quite a while under a false nick (Sorry, guys, just for testing purposes, besides I was ashamed with my performance.) I was completely devastated. Some of you were there as well but perhaps you even haven't noticed a noob running around with no aim, I couldn't hit a thing...Mad
It took me a while ( 3 hours actually) to figure out some settings which provided a decent speed/control balance.

Now I am :thinking: whether I would be able to cope with my new Mionix (Yes, NESQUICK Very Happy) when it arrives.

BTW, about DPI: I found out that anything above 2700 is not manageable (at least for me), even if I put the pointer speed slider to zero.
What seting do you use?
Back to top Go down
Nesquick
Visitor
Visitor
Nesquick

PostSubject: Re: your computer HW   your computer HW - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 1:03 pm

Pir* [NK] wrote:

Now I am :thinking: whether I would be able to cope with my new Mionix (Yes, NESQUICK Very Happy) when it arrives.

BTW, about DPI: I found out that anything above 2700 is not manageable (at least for me), even if I put the pointer speed slider to zero.
What seting do you use?

YAAAAAAAY! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I use full 5600 DPI. But the software for Mionix let's you set the pointer speed there to (same thing as you do in Nexuiz basically). So there i have it pretty low. The range goes from 1-10 ... I now have it on 2. And i have the Nexuiz sensitive on 15.6 and UI mouse speed on 4.0. Smile

1 more thing is that with the mouse the followed a "weight package". It's possible to put in wights inside the mouse to get it just as heave you desire.
At first i thought this was only a dumb sales point. But my friend said that optimally you want to make your new mouse pretty much as heavy as your old one. That will decrees the learning time... I didn't know that until I'd had the mouse for a few months. So i just put all of them in at the beginning. Very Happy . But maybe that's something to think about =)

Last edited by Nesquick on Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mo [NK]
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Mo [NK]

PostSubject: Re: your computer HW   your computer HW - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 1:04 pm

I use 2000 dpi with 7.0 sens , sometimes i change while playing to 1600 dpi when i have a longer way to aim , like on chronic. dpi is changeable while playing with a button on the mouse Razz

but usual 2000 dpi 7 sens

Greetz mo
Back to top Go down
Pir* [NK]
Clan Member
Clan Member
Pir* [NK]

PostSubject: Re: your computer HW   your computer HW - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 2:49 pm

Thanks guys!

I will try your settings NESQUICK when it arrives.

I was thinking, may be it's also because of that Steelseries SX mousepad I bought some time ago. Very expensive peace of garbage (That's what I though before). For some reason it is giving very high friction with my G5, even with supplementary feet, you can hear when it moves. Strange, both G5 and G500 have the same teflon feet but G500 is flying on it like on ice. So, a slight movement - and the crosshair goes ashtray.
Back to top Go down
AnalHorror [NK]
Server Admin
Server Admin
AnalHorror [NK]

PostSubject: Re: your computer HW   your computer HW - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 3:28 pm

I'm not sure what u mean saying: "I put the pointer speed slider to zero" coz sensitivity which is main setting for mouse speed in game has minimal value - 1. And from what I remember (I'm at work now so I haven't access to Nexuiz) there is only one mouse setting available from Nex GUI - mouse speed for GUI which has no effect in game.

I have now 0.40 sensitivity with 4000 DPI. So low sensivity is only available by console command. On example if u want change sensitivity to 0.8 type: sensitivity 0.8
Back to top Go down
Pir* [NK]
Clan Member
Clan Member
Pir* [NK]

PostSubject: Re: your computer HW   your computer HW - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 3:39 pm

AnalHorror [NK] wrote:
I'm not sure what u mean saying: "I put the pointer speed slider to zero"
I mean the G500's driver setting. That puzzled me as well. I am also at work now Wink but I think I am not mistaken yuo can actually make it 0!

I din't play with Nexuiz sensitivity yet...
Back to top Go down
curson [NK]
Clan Member
Clan Member
curson [NK]

PostSubject: Re: your computer HW   your computer HW - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 5:27 pm

At the moment, I'm n00bing around with 2000dpi with sensitivity going from 7.50 --> 10.50 through different binds (3,4,5,6,7). Still getting adjusted to it, but definitely using the higher settings just in CTF when movement is paramount and I decide to capture and not to shoot. DM is most always on 8 these days, trying to improve aim and adjust my movement accordingly Wink
Back to top Go down
Pir* [NK]
Clan Member
Clan Member
Pir* [NK]

PostSubject: Re: your computer HW   your computer HW - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 8:27 pm

My beauty cheers
your computer HW - Page 3 Mionix12
Back to top Go down
curson [NK]
Clan Member
Clan Member
curson [NK]

PostSubject: Re: your computer HW   your computer HW - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 10:01 pm

I don't know, my red "pulsating" Razer doesn't agree Very Happy
Enjoy your n00b time while your hand gets used to the new mouse!

(nice looking one, btw!)
Back to top Go down
Nesquick
Visitor
Visitor
Nesquick

PostSubject: Re: your computer HW   your computer HW - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 10:16 pm

cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: your computer HW   your computer HW - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

your computer HW
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Information Stuff :: Discussion-
Jump to: